Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Slammin' Salmon


Gnome brought home a beautiful wild-caught sockeye salmon fillet, so I made
Salmon with Mustard and Brown Sugar Glaze. I whipped up a salad with a balsamic vinaigrette made with Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper. Sometimes I rub the salad bowl with a cut clove of garlic instead of using minced garlic or garlic powder, a trick I learned from my friend, Jen. I shaved Parmigiano Reggiano over romaine and raddichio and added thinly sliced carrots and a slice of chopped leftover sweet & spicy bacon.

We have an overabundance of carrots, so I cut several in thick slices, steamed them, then glazed them in equal parts honey and butter - usually a tablespoon of each - over medium high heat with a pinch of ground ginger, salt and pepper. It's a version of Copper Pennies that I learned from my friend, Heidi.



A glass of bubbly for me, a Samuel Adams lager for Gnome, and slices of ciabatta rounded out tonight's dinner. Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment